Monday, June 27, 2005

Parting Company


Deciding to study the human views on the transition they've termed "death" has puzzled, amused and relieved The Forum Posted by Hello

The Forum found this poem amonst the writings of one of the subjects they are studying. Feeling it to be an accurate representative of how a large segment of society felt about the passing of a loved one they opted to include it in those papers being saved.

Parting Company

I've not had enough time
to spend with you
all the many years of our life together
not enough to fill the
void of your passing

even though I know
in my rational brain
you are now released from the wearying agonies of aging
and illness
that united with your friends
you await my arrival

event hough I know that for you
this is a blessing
my heart of hearts will inconsolably mourn
'til that day
we reunite and again live as
one